The Krimmler Waterfalls
Krimml Waterfalls: miracle of nature
Europe’s highest waterfalls at High Tauern National Park
The Krimml Waterfalls: top sight in the province of Salzburg
More on the history of the Krimml Waterfalls!
Breathe yourself free! Krimml Waterfalls and health
Yes, I’d like to find out more about the healing powers of the Krimml Waterfalls!
Numbers, figures, facts: amazing things about the Krimml Waterfalls• An average of 450,000 m³ of water plunges down the falls a day – that’s 5.6 m³ per second.
• A person needs 2.5 litres of water a day to survive. The water mass of a single second is enough to supply 135,000 persons with this daily amount every minute.
• In free fall, a drop of water covers 800 altitude metres in exactly 11.2 seconds.
• The waterfalls are 380 m in height. Fine spray emanates from the masses of water hitting the rocks.
• The cascades’ spume ensures abundant plant and plant life at the waterfall; the grassed areas are of intense green colour.
• The spray contains millions of negative ions clinging to the smallest water particles: inhalation strengthens the immune system and alleviates asthma and allergies.
• The Krimml Waterfalls are subject to rhythmic tides during the course of the day and the season: the highest amount of water plunges into the valley in the evening when the midday melt water creates the “flood”. The waterfalls are bathed in sun at noon when it is time for the “ebb”. Additionally, glaciers segregate the least amount of water in the morning due to cold night-time temperatures.
• The Krimml Waterfalls have been under complete protection since 1984 as part of the High Tauern National Park!
Read now: the physical and spiritual power of water!
Experience the miracle of nature that are the Krimml Waterfalls during a daytrip to the WasserWelten Krimml! Find out more now about how to get there , the opening hours and prices . We wish you an exciting and relaxing stay in the province of Salzburg!